GLOBUS 2020: Eastern Canada Winter Adventure with Toronto (COE)
9 days from Montreal to Toronto
Embark on a winter adventure on your guided tour of Eastern Canada. You'll begin in Montreal with guided sightseeing of this dynamic city in the province of Quebec, then board your VIA Rail train bound for Quebec City-home to the world's largest winter carnival-where you'll be welcomed with a traditional dinner and horse-drawn buggy ride. Discover Old Quebec, the historic heart of French Canada, with an evening walk through its German Christmas markets. Explore Montmorency Falls-1 ½ times higher than Niagara Falls! Visit an 1872 distillery in Ile d'Orleans to sample blackcurrant spirits. In the Canadian capital city of Ottawa, visit a 140-year-old grist mill on the Ottawa River, and enjoy poutine and craft beer. Join in guided sightseeing at the Canadian Mint and a stop at the city's Byward Market to sample Canadian specialties like a Beaver Tail pastry. Enjoy free time to explore Ottawa-from its National Gallery and Canadian Museum of History to its local cuisine. Celebrate your Eastern Canada vacation with a festive farewell dinner upon your return to Montreal. Your Eastern Canada guided tour continues with a VIA Rail train trip to Toronto! Enjoy a relaxing visit in Canada's largest city and home to the Hockey Hall of Fame. Spend free time on an optional excursion of your choice. Discover the thunderous beauty of Niagara Falls, or tackle world-class shopping in Eaton Centre's 300+ stores. The perfect ending to your guided vacation through Eastern Canada.
Call (409) 866-7022 for more information or to book today! Mention code 14739886
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 3/31/2020
- 9 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Montreal||Welcome to Montreal! At 6 pm, meet your traveling companions for a welcome drink. Your Tour Director will prepare you for your upcoming winter adventure!|
|Day 2||Quebec City||Enjoy a morning orientation tour of Montreal with a Local Guide. Visit the NOTRE DAME BASILICA, the first church of the Gothic Revival style in Canada. Later, board VIA RAIL and travel through the countryside to Quebec City. This evening, learn more about Quebec and its rich history over dinner at a traditional [LF] SUGAR SHACK, complete with musical entertainment and a horse-drawn BUGGY RIDE. (B,D)SPECIAL FEATURE: Your hotel tonight is the famous Fairmont Chateau Frontenac. Situated inside the walls of Old Quebec, this landmark luxury hotel provides a touch of European ambiance featuring elegant and contemporary decor and abundant dining experiences. During the holidays, the resort comes alive with festive decorations and music celebrating Christmastime.|
|Day 3||Quebec City||This morning, enjoy a guided sightseeing tour and experience the rich history, culture, and architecture of Quebec City, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The afternoon is free to explore independently. This evening, a walking tour with a Local Guide to introduce you to the Quebecois' Christmas traditions brought by New France's first settlers. Visit the German Christmas Markets and discover a magical European wonderland nestled right in the heart of Quebec City. Pass by brightly decorated wooden kiosks, the perfect place to find a unique gift. Enjoy hot chocolate while listening to the local traditions and see where they come alive. (B)|
|Day 4||Quebec City||After a morning at leisure, travel to the breathtaking Montmorency Falls, one and a half times higher than Niagara Falls. Then onto the Ile d'Orleans to visit a [LF] DISTILLERY, dating back to 1872, to sample various spirits made from blackcurrants. Return to Quebec City for an evening at leisure. (B)|
|Day 5||Ottawa||Today, travel to Canada's capital city of Ottawa. Upon arrival, visit a 140-year-old grist mill located on the banks of the Ottawa River to taste a Canadian [LF] TREAT, poutine accompanied with a local craft beer. Then, enjoy a sightseeing tour, seeing the Canadian Mint, the residences of the Governor General and Prime Minister, Parliament Hill, and the Rideau Canal. You'll also stop at the city's bustling Byward Market, where you may wish to try a Canadian specialty like a Beaver Tail, a pastry stretched out to the shape of a beaver tail with toppings added. This evening is at leisure to explore more of this vibrant city. (B)|
|Day 6||Montreal||There's time this morning to explore more of Ottawa. You may wish to spend time at the National Gallery of Canada or explore the Canadian Museum of History. Return to Montreal this afternoon. Tonight, celebrate your winter adventure with a festive farewell dinner. (B,D)|
|Day 7||Toronto||This morning, board VIA RAIL and travel to Canada's largest city, Toronto. The evening is free to explore. (B)|
|Day 8||Toronto||Today is yours to enjoy. Join an optional city tour taking in Toronto's famous sights or a day trip to see Niagara Falls. Perhaps visit Eaton Centre, with over 300 stores for world-class shopping, visit the Hockey Hall of Fame, or admire spectacular views from atop CN Tower. (B)|
|Day 9||Toronto||The tour ends this morning after breakfast with guests departing on individual schedules. (B)|
- US$ Price Details
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Globus, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Globus, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Globus to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Globus Group Leader in Cuba, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Globus menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; additional activities and excursions purchased online; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Globus offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Globus in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Globus has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations - Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price shown includes a limited time promotional offer(s) - please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Globus).