Canadian Rockies & Pacific Coast - end Vancouver, Summer 2021
Brochure Type: 2021 Americas
Discover the majestic landscapes, towering peaks, and sparkling turquoise lakes of the Canadian Rockies, teamed with the charming and sometimes quirky Pacific Northwest. This fabulous journey is as relaxed as the Canadian wilderness is vast. For the majority of the time you will be at the mercy of Mother Nature's eye-popping palette, with a whole day at leisure in Banff National Park and free time in Jasper National Park. From taking a walk on the wild side at the Capilano Suspension Bridge to nourishing your palate at a waterfront celebration in Seattle, you won't be disappointed with this sensational trip - just don't forget to bring your camera!
- Vancouver: At 18:00, join your Travel Director for a Welcome Dinner and an opportunity to mingle over wine.
- Victoria: At night, choose from a selection of restaurants for your Dine-Around Evening.
- Chase: As you settle in at your lakeside lodge this evening, you'll enjoy Dinner with wine featuring authentic regional flavours.
- Jasper: Tonight you'll enjoy a gourmet dinner with wine at your lodge.
- Banff: Dine at your hotel this evening and unwind in your stunning natural surroundings.
- Quincy: Enjoy a visit to Cave B Estate, an award-winning boutique winery.Explore the nuances of their fine wine selection with some tastings over a Highlight Lunch.
- Seattle: Head to the waterfront for a Celebration Dinner at Ivar's, aptly referred to as Seattle's King of the Waterfront, to toast your newfound friends.
- Dining Summary: 13 Breakfasts (B), 1 Lunch with wine (LW) and 8 Dinners with wine (DW).
- Chase: Partake in a Smudging Ceremony and witness a traditional spiritual ritual conducted by a member of the local indigenous community.
- Icefields: After a champagne reception in the Moraine Lounge, your Local Expert will escort you to this evening's first activity-a special after-hours glacier tour, when all visitors are gone. Venture out onto the Athabasca Glacier in a massive Ice Explorer. Then, join your guide for a warm beverage as you stroll atop the ice.
- Icefields Parkway: Following a hearty breakfast, venture onto the amazing Glacier Skywalk where you will be treated to a before hours, private guided tour of a cliff-edged glass-floored walkway.
- Buffalo Jump: Depart for the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Head-Smashed-In Buffalo Jump, to discover how the indigenous people used this 36-foot-high (11 metres) cliff to hunt stampeding herds of bison. Join a local Blackfoot elder and hear fascinating stories about the Plains people of long ago.
- Vancouver: Embark on a tour of Vancouver, exploring Gastown and the famous totem poles in Stanley Park followed by a visit to Capilano Suspension Bridge Park.
- Victoria: Visit the stunning floral displays at Butchart Gardens.
- Mount Robson: En route, a stop will be made at the Mount Robson Visitor Center in Mount Robson Provincial Park. Enjoy the best views of Mount Robson, which at 12,972 ft (3,954 metres) is the most prominent mountain in North America's Rocky Mountain range and also the highest point in the Canadian Rockies.
- Jasper: Embark on a narrated cruise across the serene waters of iconic Maligne Lake.
- Glacier National Park: Board a private, historic Red Jammer bus for a journey along the Going-to-the-Sun Road; an engineering marvel running through the park's wild interior.
- Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas.
- Enjoy the comfort of Insight's luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard washroom.
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert's fascinating commentary.
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door.
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included - you'll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency. We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available).
- From time to time, your Travel Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination.
- If your arrival and/or departure flights are as per the itinerary start and end dates, then transfers are available at scheduled times. If your flights are outside these times, or you have booked additional nights accommodation with Insight Insight Vacations, you may purchase transfers or make your own way from/to the airport.
Call (409) 866-7022 for more information or to book today! Mention code 15110461
- Tour Operator
- Insight Vacations
- Offer valid through 12/31/2020
- 14 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Vancouver||Welcome to Vancouver.: Arrive in Vancouver, a haven for sports enthusiasts and keen history buffs alike. This unique city offers something for everyone. From its striking mountains to the bustle of the city's art and music scene, this British Columbia seaport does not disappoint. On arrival, your airport transfer will take you to your luxury hotel before you join your Travel Director at 18.00 for a Welcome Dinner and an opportunity to mingle with fellow guests over wine. (Dinner with Wine)|
The Westin Bayshore, Vancouver (Harbour View Rooms).
|Day 2||Victoria||Cruise the Gulf Islands to Victoria.: Embark on a tour of Vancouver, exploring Gastown and the famous totem poles in Stanley Park followed by a visit to Capilano Suspension Bridge Park. You'll have free time to enjoy lunch on your own. This afternoon, board a ferry and sail through the beautiful Gulf Islands to Vancouver Island, an idyllic place known for its fishing and art communities. You'll end your day here, in British Columbia's stunning capital city, Victoria. Your hotel will be the Inn at Laurel Point, a modern waterfront venue with harbour views. (Breakfast)|
Inn at Laurel Point, Victoria.
|Day 3||Victoria||Butchart Gardens.: Start your day wandering through world renowned Butchart Gardens, a beautiful National Historic Site of Canada featuring groups of floral displays. Enjoy an immersive day exploring Canada's oldest Chinatown, the bustling Inner Harbour and stately Legislative Buildings. At night, choose from a selection of restaurants for your Dine-Around Evening, where you'll sit down and enjoy a hearty meal with striking views. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
|Day 4||Victoria||Victoria to Chase, British Columbia.: This morning, cruise back to the mainland and continue on your scenic journey through British Columbia to the Secwepemc Territory at Little Shuswap Lake close to Chase. Upon arrival you will witness and partake in a Smudging Ceremony, a traditional spiritual ritual conducted by a member of the local Indigenous community. As you settle in at your lakeside lodge this evening, you'll enjoy a Dinner with Wine, featuring authentic regional flavours. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
Quaaout Lodge & Spa at Talking Rock Golf Resort, Chase.
|Day 5||Jasper National Park||The Alpine Wonderland of Jasper National Park.: After breakfast this morning, your journey takes you along the legendary Yellowhead Highway towards Jasper National Park, part of the Canadian Rocky Mountains Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. En route, a stop will be made at the Mount Robson Visitor Center in Mount Robson Provincial Park, the second oldest park in British Columbia's park system and truly one of the world's crown jewels. Enjoy the best views of Mount Robson, which at 12,972 ft (3,954 metres) is the most prominent mountain in North America's Rocky Mountain range and also the highest point in the Canadian Rockies. Arrive in the wonderland of Jasper National Park with its soothing mineral hot springs, rugged glaciers, colourful meadows, and majestic mountains. (Breakfast)|
|Day 6||Jasper National Park||Exploring Jasper and the Columbia Icefield.: Start the day with an informative walk on the trails of Maligne Canyon, one of the most beautiful gorges in the Canadian Rockies. Then, embark on a narrated cruise across the serene waters of iconic Maligne Lake, one of the jewels of the Canadian Rockies (please note that this activity is seasonal and subject to closure as the lake may be frozen). Stop at Spirit Island, one of the most photographed sites in the Canadian Rockies. Start your journey along the majestic Icefields Parkway, one of the world's most stunning mountain drives. Travel along the majestic Icefields Parkway and arrive at the Columbia Icefield for your stay at the just opened Glacier View Lodge, the first and only glacier-view resort in Canada. After a welcome reception in the Moraine Lounge, your Local Expert will escort you to this evening's first activity-a special after-hours glacier tour, when all visitors are gone. Venture out onto Athabasca Glacier in a massive Ice Explorer. Then, join your guide for a stroll atop the ice and discover the beauty and immensity of the glacier. Learn about the history and geology of the region, and enjoy a warm beverage out on the glacier itself. After enjoying a gourmet dinner with wine, you can step out onto the Viewing Deck, stargaze marveling at the dark night sky, relax with a drink in the library, or hang out inside the Moraine Lounge with games and live entertainment. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
The Glacier View Lodge, Jasper National Park.
|Day 7||Banff National Park||Icefields, Glaciers and Lakes to Banff National Park.: Following a hearty breakfast, venture onto the amazing Glacier Skywalk where you will be treated to a before hours, private guided tour of a cliff-edged glass-floored walkway. After this morning's icy adventure, continue south to Lake Louise and admire it's blue waters and Victoria Glacier. Journey on to the resort town of Banff, your home for the next two nights. Dine at your hotel this evening and unwind in your stunning natural surroundings. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
The Rimrock Resort, Banff.
|Day 8||Banff National Park||The Unspoiled Wilderness of Banff National Park.: Today is yours to spend exploring the rugged charms of the park. Choose from several optional experiences, including a once in a lifetime helicopter flight over the magnificent Canadian Rockies, or a ride onboard the Banff Gondola, a scenic cableway that can take you to the summit of Sulphur Mountain. (Breakfast)|
|Day 9||Glacier National Park||Quest for Buffalo on the way to Glacier National Park.: Prepare for a day of culture and history as you depart for the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Head-Smashed-In Buffalo Jump, one of the world's oldest and largest buffalo jumps. Once here you'll discover how the indigenous people used this 36-foot-high (11 metres) cliff to hunt stampeding herds of bison. You'll also get a unique chance to join a local Blackfoot elder and hear fascinating stories about the Plains people of today and long ago. From craggy plains to mountainous landscapes, you'll cross the U.S. border into Montana and end your day at Many Glacier Hotel, a charming property situated in the heart of Glacier National Park. (Breakfast)|
Many Glacier Hotel, Glacier National Park, Babb.
|Day 10||Glacier National Park||Going-to-the-Sun and Glacier National Park.: Today, board a private Red Jammer bus to cruise along the Going-to-the-Sun Road in style. During your narrated trip you'll witness stunning views from Logan Pass and the marvels of the park's wild interior. Disembark and end your day at Lake McDonald, the largest lake in Glacier National Park. Rest up in a classic Swiss-chalet-style lodge with spectacular mountain views. (Breakfast)|
Lake McDonald Lodge, Glacier National Park.
|Day 11||Spokane||Lake Coeur d'Alene and Spokane.: Today you'll continue on to the beautiful shores of Lake Coeur d'Alene, one of America's most beautiful lakes, and arrive in Spokane to stay at The Historic Davenport, Autograph Collection hotel.This is Washington State's grandest hotel, listed on the National Register of Historic Places. It has welcomed a number of famous faces including Amelia Earhart and Clark Gable. (Breakfast)|
The Historic Davenport, Autograph Collection, Spokane.
|Day 12||Seattle||Wonderful Wines en route to Seattle.: Wine connoisseurs rejoice. Today you'll head through the wide, endless horizons of the wine-producing area of Washington State. Visit Cave B Estate, an award-winning boutique winery and local favourite. Explore the nuances of their fine wine selection with some tastings over a Highlight Lunch, focusing on fresh, local and artisanal ingredients. Then it's on to forward-thinking Seattle for an evening at leisure at your hotel. (Breakfast / Lunch with Wine)|
The Charter Hotel Seattle, Curio Collection by Hilton.
|Day 13||Seattle||The Soaring Sights of Seattle.: Enjoy an Insight Choice today. Either head to the Space Needle, with its jaw-dropping panoramic views of the unique skyline or the Chihuly Garden and Glass exhibit. You'll also see Puget Sound, Pioneer Square and Pike Place Market, where you should watch out for flying fish. The afternoon is yours at leisure and you'll find activities, restaurants and shops aplenty. In the evening, join your Travel Director and fellow guests for a Celebration Dinner with wine at Ivar's Acres of Clams. Here you'll find the Northwest's best dining, as you take in the views on Seattle's waterfront. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
|Day 14||Vancouver||Depart Vancouver.: It's time to say goodbye to the Emerald City as your trip comes to an end. You have an included transfer to Vancouver International Airport, where you will arrive at approximately 14:00.|
- Notes: Twin prices are per person. Guaranteed Room Share is not available. Single and Triple cruise staterooms are available on a request basis only. All departures are sailing on the MS Volendam. Supplements: Above prices include Cruise Fees, Taxes & Tips and are accurate as of 09 May 2020. These compulsory charges are levied by the cruise line and comprise a Non-Discountable Amount, Government Fees, Taxes and Tips/Gratuities - see Terms and Conditions for details. Guests that book an Ocean View Stateroom or Vista Suite by February 28th, 2021 will receive a Shipboard Credit of $25 p.p. for Ocean View & $50 p.p. for Vista Suite.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class