GLOBUS 2021: European Tapestry (HA)
14 days from Amsterdam to Paris
Call (409) 866-7022 for more information or to book today! Mention code 15133314
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 12/31/2020
- 14 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Amsterdam||Welcome to Amsterdam! At 6 pm, meet your Tour Director and traveling companions for a welcome dinner at your hotel. (D)|
|Day 2||Amsterdam||Meet your Local Guide and hear about the fascinating history of the 700-year-old capital during a leisurely CANAL CRUISE past patrician mansions and gabled facades. Also visit a major DIAMOND CENTER. For those who wish to experience Dutch life in the countryside, an optional excursion is available to picture-book Volendam, a fishing village at the former Zuiderzee, including visits to a working windmill, a clogmaker, a cheese farm, plus dinner. (B)|
|Day 3||Heidelberg||On the way to Germany, pass the Dutch region best known as the locale of A Bridge Too Far. Highlight of the day is a romantic RHINE CRUISE past castle-crested cliffs, terraced vineyards, and half-timbered towns. Drive to Heidelberg and take pictures of the famous red-walled castle ruins. Then, join the locals for [LF] a beer at the famous Kulturbrauerei Heidelberg.Today's Distance: 329 mi / 530 km (B,D)|
|Day 4||Lucerne||Enter the lush valleys and pine-clad hills of the BLACK FOREST, famous for cuckoo clocks, where another highlight awaits: [LF] be welcomed by a local woodcarver, Adolf Herr, watch a WOODCARVING DEMONSTRATION, see samples of his work, and have Kaffee und Schwarzwaldkuchen (coffee and the traditional homemade Black Forest Cake). On the Swiss border, marvel at the thundering RHINE FALLS before continuing to picture-book Lucerne. Tonight is your chance to join an optional Swiss folklore party.Today's Distance: 236 mi / 380 km (B)|
|Day 5||Innsbruck||Follow your Tour Director for a walk and admire Thorwaldsen's impressive LION MONUMENT, dedicated to the Swiss Guards who protected the Royal House of France during the French Revolution. Walk along ornate patrician houses of the walled Old Town, then cross the famous covered CHAPEL BRIDGE to the Jesuit Church. Time to shop for Swiss watches and chocolates or climb Mount Pilatus by cable car. On your way to Austria, stop in the Principality of Liechtenstein and enter Tyrol. In Innsbruck, walk through the Old Town and see Emperor Maximilian's GOLDEN ROOF.Today's Distance: 205 mi / 330 km (B,D)|
|Day 6||Venice||Cross spectacular Brenner Pass to Italy and enter Venice in style by PRIVATE BOAT to ST. MARK'S SQUARE. Admire the byzantine basilica, lavish Doges' Palace with its Bridge of Sighs, and watch skilled GLASSBLOWERS fashion their delicate objects. Why not join an optional gondola ride? [LF] dinner has been prepared at Rossopomodoro restaurant.Today's Distance: 261 mi / 420 km (B,D)|
|Day 7||Rome||A scenic drive across the Apennine Hills and through vine- and olive-clad Tuscany with views of hilltop towns brings you to the 'Eternal City.'Today's Distance: 354 mi / 570 km (B)|
|Day 8||Rome||Guided sightseeing starts with a visit to the VATICAN MUSEUMS and SISTINE CHAPEL with Michelangelo's ceiling paintings and The Last Judgment, followed by a visit to monumental ST. PETER'S SQUARE and BASILICA to admire Michelangelo's Pieta. Then, visit the amazing COLOSSEUM, where gladiators once fought. An optional walking tour with a Local Guide is at hand to further explore Rome's famous sites. (B)|
|Day 9||Florence||In Florence, meet your Local Guide and visit the ACADEMY OF FINE ARTS with Michelangelo's celebrated David. During your walking tour admire the magnificent cathedral, Giotto's Bell Tower, the Baptistry's bronze 'Gates of Paradise,' and sculpture-studded SIGNORIA SQUARE. Afterwards, shop for Florentine fine leather goods and gold jewelry, sold by the ounce.Today's Distance: 193 mi / 310 km (B)|
|Day 10||Monte Carlo||In Pisa, marvel at the amazing Leaning Tower, 180 feet high and 12 feet out of the perpendicular. Then, follow the Italian Riviera and arrive in Monte Carlo for your overnight stay. Tonight, you may wish to join an optional excursion to see the palace and the church that houses the tombs of the rulers of Monaco, have dinner, and visit the casino.Today's Distance: 280 mi / 450 km (B)|
|Day 11||Lyon||Enjoy spectacular views of the Mediterranean Sea on your way to Nice. Drive along the famous Promenade des Anglais. Then, follow the scenic Route du Soleil to Lyon, where an orientation introduces you to the OLD TOWN. Spend some time to explore its little streets.Today's Distance: 311 mi / 500 km (B,D)|
|Day 12||Paris||Drive through Burgundy with its vineyards and impressive chateaux, and arrive in Paris. Optional excursions are available: visit the Louvre Museum to see the Mona Lisa; have dinner at one of Paris' fine restaurants, followed by an orientation drive to get a first impression of this fascinating city.Today's Distance: 292 mi / 470 km (B)|
|Day 13||Paris||Guided sightseeing features Paris' main highlights, such as the Arc de Triomphe, Opera, Champs-Elysees, and a SEINE CRUISE with spectacular views of Notre Dame and the Eiffel Tower. Don't miss an optional excursion to the lavish baroque Palace and Gardens of Versailles. (B)|
|Day 14||Paris||Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning. (B)|
- US$ Price Details
Prices are per person, based on double room occupancy.Single room supplement:$980-$1480Triple room reduction per person:$70Additional accommodations before or after your tour may be available.
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Globus, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Globus, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Globus to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Globus Group Leader in Cuba, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Globus menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; additional activities and excursions purchased online; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Globus offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Globus in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Globus has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations - Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price shown includes a limited time promotional offer(s) - please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Globus).