This off-season Scottish Escape tour is the perfect way to appreciate the beauty of Scotland's rural landscapes, as well as the energy of its cities and iconic sites. Your escorted vacation begins in Scotland's largest city-Glasgow. You'll take a guided tour of a whisky distillery, visit Stirling Castle-home to Scotland's Kings and Queens-and explore the sights of Glasgow as well. Travel along the 'Bonnie Banks' of Loch Lomond, and see awe-inspiring Rannoch Moor, Glen Coe, Loch Linnhe, and Fort William beneath Ben Nevis. Keep an eye out for the Loch Ness monster, and learn about historic conflicts between Scottish clans.Spend the night in the Scottish highland capital of Inverness, see the mountain resort of Pitlochry, and the legendary home of golf-St. Andrews. Cross the Forth Road Bridge to Edinburgh, to spend three nights to see the historic sites, such as Edinburgh Castle and stunning views. Make your escape to see the best of Scotland, while enjoying reduced crowds and prices on the off-season. You'll enjoy your guided tour of Scotland all the more!
Call (409) 866-7022 for more information or to book today! Mention code 16109710
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 3/31/2022
- 7 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Glasgow||Welcome to Glasgow! Check into your hotel. The rest of the day is free for you to relax in Scotland's largest city. At 6 pm, meet your Tour Director and traveling companions for a welcome dinner at your hotel. (D)|
|Day 2||Glasgow||Start your tour of Scotland with a guided tour of a [LF] WHISKY DISTILLERY in Glengoyne, where you hear about the ancient art of converting barley, water, and yeast into a heart-warming liquor. Then, visit STIRLING CASTLE, a great symbol of Scottish independence and favored residence of Scotland's kings and queens. Back in vibrant Glasgow, an orientation drive takes in the fine 12th-century cathedral, imposing university buildings, and elegant Georgian squares built by wealthy tobacco barons.Today's Distance: 81 mi / 131 km (B)|
|Day 3||Inverness||Follow the 'Bonnie Banks' of Loch Lomond, and head through wild Rannoch Moor, scenic Glen Coe, and lovely Loch Linnhe to reach Fort William beneath Ben Nevis. Pass Loch Ness en route to Culloden, and look for signs of the mysterious Loch Ness monster. At CULLODEN VISITOR CENTER, hear the story of the crushing Hanoverian victory over Bonnie Prince Charlie's Scottish clans. Spend the night in Inverness, the Highland capital.Today's Distance: 178 mi / 286 km (B,D)|
|Day 4||Edinburgh||Today's main highlights are the Victorian mountain resort of Pitlochry; St. Andrews, whose Royal and Ancient Golf Club has given us the rules of golfing; and the Forth Road Bridge to Edinburgh. Tonight, consider an optional Scottish evening with Highland dancers, bagpipers, and the Ceremony of the Haggis.Today's Distance: 202 mi / 326 km (B)|
|Day 5||Edinburgh||Morning city sightseeing with a Local Guide introduces you to the 200-year-old 'New Town' as well as the 'Old Town.' Visit EDINBURGH CASTLE to admire Scotland's Crown Jewels and the iconic Stone of Destiny, used to inaugurate monarchs for centuries, and take in the fantastic views over the city. Later, a unique optional experience: board the former Royal Yacht Britannia, once the perfect residence for glittering state visits and family vacations, and enjoy dinner at a local restaurant. (B)|
|Day 6||Edinburgh||Today is yours to discover the Scottish capital at your own pace. Alternatively, you could join an optional Outlander excursion, taking in sights and places featured in the popular TV series. This evening, enjoy a farewell dinner at your hotel. (B,D)|
|Day 7||Edinburgh||Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning. (B)|
- US$ Price Details
All Escapes by Globus tours and departures are excluded from the following Globus discounts: Book Early & Save, Welcome Back Credit, Second Tour discount and Small Group discount.
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Globus, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Globus, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Globus to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips tinations; tips to your Cruise Director, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Avalon menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; additional activities and excursions purchased online; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
- Additional airline-imposed fees for seat assignments may apply and are not included in your total package cost. Please refer to carrier websites for seat assignment policies and applicable pricing.
Booking your Vacation with Air
Our volume buying power saves you money. We may be able to provide you with flight arrangements from your gateway city. Avalon Waterways offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Early Airfare Price Guarantee locks in a price that is guaranteed not to increase. Air pricing and schedules are available approximately 330 days prior to last travel date in the itinerary. At that time the best air price will be utilized and a new invoice with the air cost and confirmed schedule will be sent. The identity of the carrier, which may include the carrier?s codeshare partner, will be assigned and disclosed at this time. If the guaranteed price is the lowest, the schedule with the lowest fare per contracted classes of service will be booked. Any voluntary change to the confirmed flights negates the guaranteed price and is subject to air pricing at the time of the change.
Guaranteed air-inclusive prices - air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional non-refundable air deposit of $300 per person is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Avalon in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus a non-refundable per person service fee of $30 (North/Central America), $50 (Europe/Middle East) or $80 (all other international destinations). Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Avalon has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations ? Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.